Dr. Kevin D. Light Honored With AACS Award of Excellence
The Award of Excellence from the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) is presented to physicians who are dedicated to continuing their knowledge and excellence in their field.
Dr. Kevin D. Light, the medical director of the Texas Institute of Functional Medicines in Dallas, Texas, recently earned the Award of Excellence from the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS). “It is a recognition of my commitment to educational excellence in the field,” says Dr. Kevin D. Light. In order to qualify for this award, a doctor must earn 150 CME credits (continuing medical education); 76 must be from an AACS-sponsored educational offering.
Dr. Kevin Light
This special honor is a testament to Dr. Light’s invaluable experience in cosmetic surgery. As an AACS fellow and a member of both the Texas Cosmetic Surgical Society (TCSS) and the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M), Dr. Light is a progressive thinker who applies his knowledge to the study and advance of cosmetic surgery.
“People know that I am current, serious, devoted, and committed to my craft, providing up-to-date care and services,” he says in regards to how this award contributes to the distinctive quality of his practice. “I am on the pulse of what’s new and innovative.”
With more than 26 years of experience, Dr. Light specializes in a full array of cosmetic procedures, including facial fat transfer in Dallas, male breast reduction (“gynecomastia surgery”), and fat transfer for the "Brazilian Butt Lift." With the ability to provide beautiful, natural-looking results for all of his patients, Dr. Light is regarded as an expert in his field.
In order to stay at the forefront of cosmetic rejuvenation, Dr. Light attends numerous conferences and training sessions throughout the year. He is a Diplomat of the American Board of Osteopathic Surgery in General Surgery.
- Brazilian Butt Lift Gains Popularity - As the emphasis for curves shifts south, the derriere is getting more attention than ever. The Brazilian Butt Lift can shape and volumize the buttocks with the patient's own fat!
- "No Drain" Tummy Tuck Procedure Now Available - Unlike traditional tummy tucks that require post-operative drains during the recovery period, this new technique provides more comfort and mobility during the first week of post-surgery.
- Plastic Surgeon Claims Mid Face Lift Alternative Eliminates Visible Scars - More women and men looking for face lift options in Dallas, Texas are choosing Dr. Steve Byrd for his unique Endoscopic Brow Midface Lift, a technique he developed for elegant facelift results with minimal visible scarring.
- Dr. Kevin D. Light Honored With AACS Award of Excellence - The Award of Excellence from the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) is presented to physicians who are dedicated to continuing their knowledge and excellence in their field.
- Erase The Years With New Technology In Facial Rejuvenation: Fraxel Re:pair - Now available in the Plano and Frisco area, the Fraxel Re:pair corrects deeper wrinkles and tighten skin better than its predecessor Fraxel Re:store.
- The Next Big Thing: Brazilian Butt Lift - The Latin influence is spreading to cosmetic procedures: the Brazilian Butt Lift uses fat transfer to get that J-Lo butt.
- Increase In Teens Choice Of Plastic Surgery: Rhinoplasty - In the Dallas area, a growing number of younger patients that visit Dr. Michael Bogdan are seeking rhinoplasty, the number 1 ranked cosmetic surgical procedure for teenagers.
- Is BOTOX Losing Ground in the War of Injectable Wrinkle-Toxins? - As the two wrinkle-smoothing brands, BOTOX and Dysport, duke it out through loyalty programs and rebates, patients benefit from competitive pricing and deals from Allergen and Medicis.
- Dallas Ob-Gyn Wesley Dr. Anne Brady Sees Dramatic Rise in V-Tuck Procedures - Vaginal Rejuvenation Remains the 3rd-Fastest Growing Cosmetic Surgery, Despite Recession
- Dallas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Michael Bogdan Featured in Mommy Makeover Article in DallasChild Magazine - Plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Bogdan's experience in tummy tuck, breast enhancement and Mommy Makeover procedures recently earned him an interview for a feature article in DallasChild magazine.