The Next Big Thing: Brazilian Butt Lift
The Latin influence is spreading to cosmetic procedures: the Brazilian Butt Lift uses fat transfer to get that J-Lo butt.
For most women, the perfect "bottom line" would require a smaller derriere, but not for all. In fact, a growing number of American women want "chubbier cheeks" by way of a fat transfer into the gluteal muscles of the buttocks. The process creates the so-called "Brazilian Butt" made popular by many Latin performers and models.
"We have seen demand for the Brazilian Lift really skyrocket in the last year," says Dr. Bill Johnson at Innovations Medical in Dallas, "because women understand that this process is easier, safer and more affordable than having an implant. And when the 2010 Census results are released, I think we'll see how important the Hispanic market is for this type of cosmetic procedure."
As Dr. Johnson explains to each client, fat transfer has numerous advantages over surgical implants: it has a quicker recovery time; it involves no foreign device being introduced to the body and almost always produces a more natural look and feel.
Recording Artist and Actress Jennifer Lopez (JLo) helped make the "Butt Lift" concept popular. When results of the 2010 Census arrive, many experts predict growing Hispanic demographics will drive more and more U.S. products and services designed to attract Latin clients. This is one.
The Brazilian Butt Lift involves two procedures: Liposuction to remove unwanted fat from one area of the body - usually abdomen or upper thighs, and Fat Transfer to inject the fat into the buttocks. The fat is purified and processed between procedures to ensure that only the healthiest fat cells are re-injected. The Fat Transfer requires special cannulas that allow Dr. Johnson to make hundreds of micro-fat injections to create the smoothest, most natural appearance.
"I've never had an unhappy Brazilian Lift client," says Dr. Johnson, "they generally end up with a much perkier, youthful back-side." Buttock enhancement, or gluteoplasty, as the overall procedure is labeled, can provide a dramatic shift in a woman's confidence level, and that's one reason more American women want a bigger bottom.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons calls overall butt lift procedures the country's fastest-growing cosmetic procedure.
- Brazilian Butt Lift Gains Popularity - As the emphasis for curves shifts south, the derriere is getting more attention than ever. The Brazilian Butt Lift can shape and volumize the buttocks with the patient's own fat!
- "No Drain" Tummy Tuck Procedure Now Available - Unlike traditional tummy tucks that require post-operative drains during the recovery period, this new technique provides more comfort and mobility during the first week of post-surgery.
- Plastic Surgeon Claims Mid Face Lift Alternative Eliminates Visible Scars - More women and men looking for face lift options in Dallas, Texas are choosing Dr. Steve Byrd for his unique Endoscopic Brow Midface Lift, a technique he developed for elegant facelift results with minimal visible scarring.
- Dr. Kevin D. Light Honored With AACS Award of Excellence - The Award of Excellence from the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) is presented to physicians who are dedicated to continuing their knowledge and excellence in their field.
- Erase The Years With New Technology In Facial Rejuvenation: Fraxel Re:pair - Now available in the Plano and Frisco area, the Fraxel Re:pair corrects deeper wrinkles and tighten skin better than its predecessor Fraxel Re:store.
- The Next Big Thing: Brazilian Butt Lift - The Latin influence is spreading to cosmetic procedures: the Brazilian Butt Lift uses fat transfer to get that J-Lo butt.
- Increase In Teens Choice Of Plastic Surgery: Rhinoplasty - In the Dallas area, a growing number of younger patients that visit Dr. Michael Bogdan are seeking rhinoplasty, the number 1 ranked cosmetic surgical procedure for teenagers.
- Is BOTOX Losing Ground in the War of Injectable Wrinkle-Toxins? - As the two wrinkle-smoothing brands, BOTOX and Dysport, duke it out through loyalty programs and rebates, patients benefit from competitive pricing and deals from Allergen and Medicis.
- Dallas Ob-Gyn Wesley Dr. Anne Brady Sees Dramatic Rise in V-Tuck Procedures - Vaginal Rejuvenation Remains the 3rd-Fastest Growing Cosmetic Surgery, Despite Recession
- Dallas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Michael Bogdan Featured in Mommy Makeover Article in DallasChild Magazine - Plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Bogdan's experience in tummy tuck, breast enhancement and Mommy Makeover procedures recently earned him an interview for a feature article in DallasChild magazine.